Sunday, March 29, 2020

Important Update from Mrs. Conard

Dear Band Students and Families, 

What a crazy time this is! I hope you are staying healthy and safe inside your homes. While we can't change the situation, we can make the best of it. This is a great opportunity for you to spend time with your family and do things you wouldn't normally get to do while at school. I am enjoying spending time with my husband, cat, and dog, and I am really enjoying getting to play my flute and piano a lot more than usual. Here's a little something I did this week with a few other flutists from all over the world:


I am deeply saddened to announce that the 6th grade band contest in Lytle is cancelled as well as our fun trip that was planned for Main Event. I am also very sad that the 7th and 8th grade trip to Sea World had to be cancelled because the park is closed. If there is a way to reschedule before the end of the school year, we will try. If not, we will make next year's trip even better! As of now, we are still planning for a Spring Band Concert. That date is to be determined. I appreciate all of your hard work that was put in before the break. Let's hope that we can get to perform together as a band once again this school year. 

The activities I have put together for you while learning from home are meant to be fun yet educational. You may choose whichever activities sound interesting to you. A good goal is to do 5 activities each week if you can. I don't want you to stress out over this. It can be as simple as practicing your instrument or watching YouTube videos. If you feel this is too much for you to handle at this time, start with 1 activity this week and then aim to do a few more the next week. If you have trouble accessing the online links or notice a particular link is not working, please email me. At the end of each week, you will submit a google form to me so I can see how you are progressing. Assignments can be viewed in the Online Learning Tab.

I miss making music with all of you, and I know you miss band and all your friends, too. We will get through this together. Hope to see you all again very soon. If you need anything (except a hug), please email or text.

Musically,

Danette Conard
#PanthersStayConnected 

No comments:

Post a Comment